CARTRIDGE CHALLENGE

My carts (38): A Child's Year; Accent Essentials; All Mixed Up; Alphalicious; Animal Kingdom; Base Camp; Christmas Cheer; Christmas Noel; Cursive 101; Designer's Calendar; Doodlecharms; Everyday Paper Dolls; From My Kitchen; George; Going Places; Graphically Speaking; Happily Ever After; Home Accents; Indie Art; Jasmine; Mickey and Friends; Opposites Attract; Paper Doll Dress Up; Paper Pups; Pooh and Friends; Robotz; Snow Friends; Sports Mania; Stamped; Stone Script; Storybook; Stretch Your Imagination; Tags, Bags, Boxes & More; Tear Drop; Tinker Bell & Friends; Walk in My Garden; Wedding; When It's Cold Outside.

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Mystery ATC

I've been in an ATC swap with a group of gals from the Cricut message board for the last 2 1/2 years. We have decided to conclude this swap. The last ATC was a mystery. Everyone was to create whatever they wanted and we would try to guess who made each one. (The final result of that contest was that I got 4 right out of 12. Sounds like an "F" to me.)

I had a technique I wanted to try and there is no better place to try out something new than on an ATC. I saw this video on YouTube called Stampendous Painting With Powder. Someone had posted the YouTube link on their blog, and I apologize, but I can't remember who. Here is the link. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYGnmWTnPso


When I worked on my background I didn't review the video and instead of using Versamark, I used an embossing pad. As I heat-embossed the first color, the heat dried the "sticky" next to it, so when I added the next color, there was white showing. This was not what I intended but I did like the result. Also, as I tapped off the embossing powder before heating it, the layers thinned so there wasn't complete solid coverage. Which I also liked. I love it when mistakes work.


Finally, I stamped an image on my background, used embossing powder again and heat set that. The thing to watch out for there is that the background is slippery and a few times my stamp scooted giving me a blurry final image.




3 comments:

  1. OK, well not it's not a mystery anymore ;-). Like the card, can't wait to get mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how it turned out! Embossing is difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan
    this is an amazing card.
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete