CARTRIDGE CHALLENGE

My carts (38): A Child's Year; Accent Essentials; All Mixed Up; Alphalicious; Animal Kingdom; Base Camp; Christmas Cheer; Christmas Noel; Cursive 101; Designer's Calendar; Doodlecharms; Everyday Paper Dolls; From My Kitchen; George; Going Places; Graphically Speaking; Happily Ever After; Home Accents; Indie Art; Jasmine; Mickey and Friends; Opposites Attract; Paper Doll Dress Up; Paper Pups; Pooh and Friends; Robotz; Snow Friends; Sports Mania; Stamped; Stone Script; Storybook; Stretch Your Imagination; Tags, Bags, Boxes & More; Tear Drop; Tinker Bell & Friends; Walk in My Garden; Wedding; When It's Cold Outside.

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Crackle ATC swap

The January ATC swap theme was crackle. I wanted to try the heavy embossing powder method. I did locate some Melt Art brand Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel at Michael's. I looked at Archivers and Joann's first and didn't see anything similar there although I may just have missed it.

I was thinking of the brown ware pottery when I started the project. Here is an example of what I mean by brown ware. I believe there are many interpretations on what it is.




I used the Inkadinkadoo Mindscape hummingbird stamp with Color Box Brown ink. I believe it is the first ink pad I owned and Leslie gave it to me. (See what she started...) I inked the edges and lightly on the front. The card on the left in the picture is before I started adding the UTEE. I put 3 coats of UTEE on the cards. It was fun to watch, sort of like melting puddles of water. I may have held the heat gun on the card a little long and that is why it is darker, however, it accidently made the card look exactly like I wanted. I put the card in the freezer for a few minutes and then crackled them. I ran the ink pad over the crackles to make them more noticable and rubbed off the excess ink, which also darkened the card.

2 comments: