CARTRIDGE CHALLENGE

My carts (38): A Child's Year; Accent Essentials; All Mixed Up; Alphalicious; Animal Kingdom; Base Camp; Christmas Cheer; Christmas Noel; Cursive 101; Designer's Calendar; Doodlecharms; Everyday Paper Dolls; From My Kitchen; George; Going Places; Graphically Speaking; Happily Ever After; Home Accents; Indie Art; Jasmine; Mickey and Friends; Opposites Attract; Paper Doll Dress Up; Paper Pups; Pooh and Friends; Robotz; Snow Friends; Sports Mania; Stamped; Stone Script; Storybook; Stretch Your Imagination; Tags, Bags, Boxes & More; Tear Drop; Tinker Bell & Friends; Walk in My Garden; Wedding; When It's Cold Outside.

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Christmas cards for Cards for Soldiers

I am a shipper for the Cards for Soldiers project on the Circut message board. One of the cardmakers sent me a few extra goodies that she had and in with them were some blank photo cards.

I had just purchased (that seems to be a theme with me lately: "just purchased") the Holiday Lineup stamp set from Stampin Up! and the stamps fit perfectly where the photo would go. However, it looked a little plain, so I decided to add a border. The frames are cut from Graphically Speaking with a little size adjustment on Design Studio. The border made all the difference in the look of the card.

The images were stamped on white cardstock and colored with prisma pencils using the gamsol technique. The reindeer's nose and elf's pom poms were colored with Sakura glaze pens. I am trying to use up a large container of scraps but only found a few pieces I could use for the frames. So, I went to my stash and found self adhesive mat stacks by DCWV fall cardstock. I was somehow able to cut the cardstock without cutting the non-sticky back, so the frame just peeled right off and easily went on the card. Whew--that was lucky.


No comments:

Post a Comment